Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bouldering at the beach.

A wet and dreary start to the morning put pay to plans to get out and do a hill or two, the weather was wall to wall grey this morning. With little motivation to slog around in the clag, Becky and I opted for a more gentile way to pass the afternoon. A spot of bouldering along the coast at Cummingston, this was combined with a bit of beach walking, and rockpool investigation. All in all it was a very pleasant afternoon and although the grey never really lifted the rain did just about stay off. The area know as the Prophet walls seemed to be our venue of choice, and I was pleased I managed to complete the traverse girdle, after several efforts!!
Crimping on a hold on an unkown problem at Cummingston.
This is a 6B problem known as Baywatch. It has some very crimpy moves and few rests from start to finish. The rest of the day was spent looking for something to catch my eye with the camera, this effort I was less pleased with, but still all a learning curve, there is so much to learn with photography, but my starting point seems to be composition!
On an attempt of Bay Watch 6b.