Saturday, May 16, 2009

Monthly update.

A busy month but perhaps with not as much climbing as I would like! The house move has thrown up lots of DIY, Andy came over with young Joe to make the most of a poor Bank Holiday forecast and help us knock through a door in the Garage to the new drying room.


The work continues, plastering as I Type.....A steep learning curve! Hopefully the new utillity room will be up and running in the next week or two.
Davy took me on a top secret mission to a crag up North. Quality granite let down by a lack of protection, especially if you are a wimp like me. 3 Rps in 20mts is not enough for me!


Top Quality Granite, A shame about the gear!
Andy and I had wall to wall sunshine on a trip to Stac Polliadh, a shame the 70mph winds froze us to the core and put pay to harder things. We did the awful VS Release the Bats, 140mts of choss and the excellent HVS Vlad the Impaler, a two pitch classic.



The top Vlad the Impaler, and the best thing about the Release the Bats, the view.
A few trips to Duntelchaig, some bouldering at Ashie fort and a return visit to Huntlys Cave sums up the month!

No comments: