Sunday, January 20, 2008

Biking through the forest.

Feeling tired from a long day yesterday a leisurely day was in order. So Becky and I went biking along the off road trails in the Abernethy Forest around Nethybridge. These trails stretch from Grantown in the North down through towards Aviemore in the South and open up millions of acres of forest.

Not too technical they provide some good terrain for x-country biking and although today was only a short visit of a few hours, it has given us insight into a new venue to perhaps explore for a biking/camping weekend.










The only down side to the day was that any standing water was sheet ice and at times we resorted to pushing across some sections of the paths. Although I don’t do it very often today reminded me that I enjoy getting out on the bike, and indeed that I should perhaps do so more often.