Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catch up.

Catch up time, Saturday saw Becks and I cycle upto the conglomerate crag of Ashie Fort, apart from the awful tree belays at the top we had a good couple of hours. Doing the archetypal “world hardest Vdiff” Website, overhanging all the way, and a nice E3 crackline called Flutterbye to China. This morning Andy and I headed over the top, to find a little east facing crag at the back of Duntelchaig, not that inspiring really but worth a look, we finished the morning with Monolith Recess. The second pitch of overhanging jamming I found very hard until I discovered the hands free rest right in the middle of the Crux! ;o) (photo to follow). I have to say I was impressed with the ease that Andy sailed up this route, high levels of style and grace, to watch good climbers is a worthwhile use of my morning.
Teeth clenching work on the crux of Monnolith Recess.
Before finding the tricky hands free rest.... :o)

No comments: